Thursday, December 23, 2004

Having Myself a Merry Little Christmas

I just bought myself a present. A very, very useful present. Because, sometimes I feel like I've woken up in the universe next door. And sometimes I worry that I will be abducted by aliens and end up in far-off reaches of space, the undiscover'd country (as opposed to the other undiscover'd country; that would be 'death'), unable to find my way home. But, as soon as it arrives in the mail, I will be safe -- for I have purchased a "Location Earth Dog Tag" and I will never get lost in the multiverse again (unless I switch dimensions, but I figure I could stick it out on other-dimensional Earths). According to the website:

Picture yourself lost in the galaxy...UFO sightings and Alien Abductions are on the rise...Will you return to tell the story?

In case of alien abduction these dog tags may save your life. The crucial data an alien will need to get you back to Earth is die stamped into these dog tags.

The design is based on NASA research for the Pioneer 10 Space Mission that used a gold plaque attached to the  craft to inform any Extraterrestrials of it's Earthly origin.


Buying oneself a present for a holiday one doesn't even celebrate is SO exciting. I heart this dogtag concept very, very much. Because I am a sci-fi riot nrrrrrd.

And, besides, I'll have the most stylin' keychain this side of the asteroid belt. Hooray, hooray!

No comments: