Monday, December 05, 2005

Shrimp Gumbo, Shrimp Casserole. Shrimp got your Facts Fucking WRONG


bubba-gump, originally uploaded by starbexxx.

This sign is in the window of the Bubba Gump restaurant that's right across the street from my office and it just kills me.

See -- MTV was born in 1981.

And when I was a senior in high school and had a whopping bout of mono, I watched "Forrest Gump" about a million times on HBO, because it was always on and I lacked the energy even to pick up the remote and change the channel. (Once I was able to make it downstairs to the tv room, that was it, as far as energy expenditure went).

And, call me stupid, but doesn't Bubba die in Forrest's arms over there in 'Nam? So he bought the farm sometime during the Vietnam War (1954 - 1975). And we know he was looooong dead and worm food before Hurricane Carmen, the storm in 1974 that wiped out all the other shrimping boats, leaving Forrest and Lt. Dan the only shrimpers around, and thus launching the Bubba Gump shrimp company into its lucrative state.

And Forrest started the shrimp company with his winnings from being a Ping Pong champion, at least a year or so after he returned from 'Nam. So let's assume Bubba bit the big one at the latest in the early 70s, but probably in the late 60s. So Bubba's favorite was never ever MTV, could never have been MTV, no way, no how, no shit. Because Bubba kicked it probably 15 years or so before MTV graced the earth with its somethingness.

That's me, kids. Fighting for the facts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just saw you on some late night VH1 show. Your kinda cute.