Friday, September 23, 2005

My Dad is Member of the Year

So yesterday I left my session and hopped on a ferry (ack! yet another boat!!!)with my boo and my mom so we could go to Hozboken to watch my dad win an award. He's the Member of the Year of some sort of design/build/possibly sewage-related organization. And jokes abounded about his status as Member of the Year. See, I keep my little digicam in what essentially amounts to a cocksock and so it was just the perfect prop. And of course, my mom kept making snarky comments about getting to kiss the Member of the Year and taking the Member of the Year home to bed and such. Does the funny ever stop? Anyhooskzinkis, this is my dad waiting semi-patiently to take the stage and win his Member of the Year award.

And this is mom, trying to hold in her laughter, as some other sewage dude won an award and kept talking about something-or-other number 1. And, as my mother pointed out, seeing as it was sewage-related, at least it wasn't number 2.

Does being an environmental engineer specializing in wastewater management ever stop being funny? When we were kids, my bro and I used to say that our dad worked with sewage and sludge. Awesome.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Does being an environmental engineer specializing in wastewater management ever stop being funny?

No, never. I remember my brother before he completed his PhD, spent 6 months working on a sewage farm in Spain. My mother had 6 months of proudly telling all her friends that her son worked with shit. She never tired of it.

It all reminds me of one of Billy Connolly's very old routines(around 1978) about the sewage worker who never took a holiday.............