Wednesday, September 28, 2005

I Stoned New York?


stoned-ny, originally uploaded by starbexxx.


So everyday I walk past the new Hard Rock Cafe in Times Square -- and, lemme tell you, as a five-year veteran of working in Times Square, a new tourist trap is JUST what we need. Oh boy. Now it'll be even more annoying and frustrating to leave the office at lunchtime in search of vegan soup. Le sigh, le sigh. Anyhoo ... everytime I pass it, I can't help but chuckle at the posters they have up in the window.

Assumedly, one is supposed to read these posters as "I rock New York" -- ha ha, the Hard Rock rocks New York, I geddit, I geddit. But my brain always twitches a little bit and I interpret these posters as "I stoned New York."

Which, honestly, is a much more appealing tagline.

Upon further reflection (geddit? geddit?), I've realized this is actually a kinda neat photo. Or else it's just because I'm stuck at home today with a buggy and the cold medicine is making me trippy.

Hard Cock Cafe! BWA HA HA!

No comments: