Saturday, November 15, 2008

A Brief Nattering of Thoughts on Grey's Anatomy

I was talking to my friend Lindsay at a wedding last weekend about how much we hate Grey's Anatomy, and yet we're still watching it. And after last week's episode, I'm not sure I can keep on keeping on with it. I mean, besides the opening monologues, which are such disgustingly masturbatory pieces of writing (eg: "As surgeons, we reach inside the human body and cut out the damaged parts, but, really, who reaches into us and cuts out our bad parts?") and now the fact that there's a perma-Denny-ghost who follows Izzie around. I will just say this:

this show will be off of my DVR list unless it turns out that Denny is actually a Cylon, a la the Six who is in Baltar's head. Seeing as Izzie followed the Navajo's advice (also, was that Navajo storyline PLUS the Asperger's storyline not vaguely offensive? And also made me miss Heather Kuzmich really badly) and burnt Denny's sweater and Denny is still around as ghost-Denny, then I'm thinking very strongly that Denny is actually a Cylon. Also, Madame President Roslyn as an Aspergery cardiac surgeon must be a not-so-subtle clue that Gr'anatomy is heading very quickly in Balactica territory. Please go back to being a President, Laura Roslyn! Cardiac surgeons on Grey's Anatomy have the worst careers ever -- they either make homophobic slurs off camera and get shit-canned or else they become lesbians that the network homophobically decides are too lesbionic for their show and they get shit-canned (even if they're the same person who once rubbed the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again). Please, President Roslyn, spare yourself before you meet the same fate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

tvbgone.com