Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Health Care Reform, Out of Sync

If you watch the local news (as I do) in NYC, you're being bombarded with pro- and anti-Spitzer health care reform ads. They're all annoying. And only serve to make Spitzer seem like a detestable douche, and I'd like to like him because I met him before a Bruce Springsteen concert and he was quite affable and really likes The Boss, as do I.

But there's this spot that runs ALL THE TIME, and it makes me insane because it's a spot where people are singing and THEIR LIPS DO NOT SYNC. Are you kidding me? Do you think we won't notice that you slapped this together and didn't even bother to sync your shots? Cardinal rule of television spots -- anything out of sync makes the audience ONLY FOCUS ON THE LACK OF SYNC and completely disregard whatever you're telling them. So whenever I see this, all I can think is: their lips don't sync, their lips don't sync, their lips don't sync, their lips don't sync. Eliot who health care what?

No comments: