Monday, October 23, 2006

Beautiful Mount Airy Lodge

When I was a wee one, I used to dream that someday I'd take a fantasy vacation. To a place with snow-covered peaks, figure skating, and perhaps a heart-shaped bathtub. And there was really only place to go: Mount Airy Lodge. However, because the commercial aired about a kabillion times during the course of my most-impressionable years, we-of-a-certain-age always referred to it as "Beautiful Mount Airy Lodge."



Whether we were playing Barbies or blocks and we wanted to play that we were somewhere magical, it was always Beautiful Mount Airy Lodge. It seemed like the most wonderful place in the world -- we didn't know why we were aroused (in fact, I don't think we even knew we were aroused) by the heart-shaped bathtubs, but we were. Oh, we were.

I always thought that someday I'd grow up, and me and my loved one could do whatever it is that two-people do in a heart-shaped bathtub!

But, I shall never get the chance to go. Woe unto me, it is gone gone gone.

Let us keep track on the scoreboard of that wild game we call "Life":
Yet Another Childhood Memory, Destroyed: 37

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah, but you still have the milford plaza - the lullaby of broadway...
The hip hooray and ballyhoo...
in the center of it all

Anonymous said...

I grew up 20 minutes for Monunt Airy Lodge too funny.

BCJ said...

Gabe: BRILLIANT!