Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Ramah-Lama-Ding-Dong

To everyone asking about my stint at Jew Camp, I was in Gesher '94. Which means I started in Shorashim for 4 weeks in '89, did eight homesick weeks (with counselor Esther) in '90, then i took '91 off from the Jews and did a summer theatre thing (local community kids' theatre, woo! We sang "Voice that Care" and "Proud to be an American" and "Abraham, Martin & John" and I still know all the words! Lonely fear lights up the sky, can't help but wonder why you're so far away ...) and then I was back for Bogrim on B-side in 93 and went straight through til '94.

i am such a DORK DORK DORK DORK!

I didn't go to Israel with camp because I was working at a day camp, and I never worked at camp because I was over the Jew thing and wanted to, like, start trying to figure out what I wanted to do when I grew up (eg interning my little buttocks off).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so sad you that think of yourself as a dork just b/c you went to camp. most of us ramahniks are proud of our camps years... and for all of your proud ramahniks, don't forget to come up for alumni weekend! check out the link for details at www.ramahberkshires.org... camp, karaoke & beer- what a combo!

Anonymous said...

A friend of mine just got back from israel, that he is a dork is completely separate from his affiliation with a camp.

Such brag of nature that your body is how vh1 does not let one wonder at the workmanship...Bex Schwartz needs her own damn show already.

I've expressed this thought before because it is true,
-Emilio

P.S. http://www.xanga.com/elpinguino xanga sucks but a friend forced me to get the account, check it out anyways.