Sunday, June 26, 2005

Weird Noises in the Sky

Okay ... there is either some weird-thunder-but-possibly-not-thunder thing going on outside my apartment. Either that, or the robots are attacking. Holy W-E-I-R-D. The boo says it's not thundering where he is, which means, I think, that someone is either banging a rather large gong? Or rolling a ginormous steel-drum down the streets, over and over and over again? Or maybe it's some pre-apocalyptic robot attack. Because if the robots were attacking, it would sound a lot like this.

Anyhoodles... Happy Pride, if you're not already into the Shame movement. Logo launches in t-minus 5 days.

I had fun in the sun today, pretending that we were on the beach even though we were really only on a wollen NFL blankie at Riverside park... I can't see the word "riverside" without hearing Billy Joel sing "or up Riverside" -- it's an instant cranial tic. Like singing "Bleeker Street" when I'm on Bleeker Street. Or passing Clinton Street and thinking "there's music on Clinton street all through the morning," or the "you can stand on the arms of the Williamsburg Bridge, crying: hey, man, well this is Babylon," phenomenon. i hearts me some new york. HEARTS!

Hey, the one All Access that I'm TOTALLY stoked to see is "Awesomely Wacky Canada" because I want to see if my moose voice made the final cut. Show drops (Heh) on Friday, stay tuned for further details.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Im from Adelaide, Australia and I am hearing that exact noise right now. It is kinda freaking me out a lil. Its like a plane noise but it has been going on constantly for like 3 hours. Any ideas to what it is apart from apocalyptic robots attaking??