Friday, August 18, 2006

Scoliosis Model? Jigga What?

So I'm reading pretty pretty Alison Kelly's exit interview with EW wherein she claims that she didn't win the doggie-outfit challenge because her model for that challenge has scoliosis. And the paper-brioche outfit failed because her model was plus-sized.
"You didn't seem too happy with your model. Was she really that big? I mean, was she a size 4 instead of a size 2?
No, she's a lot bigger than me. She's absolutely gorgeous, but she shouldn't be a runway model. She's maybe a size 8 or a 10. She's not thin at all.

Why would the producers put in a model who's not runway-model size?
So people like me get eliminated. They threw in someone who had scoliosis whose shoulders are three inches different. Did you ever notice whoever's designing for Nazri often wins? There are three models who seem to win. It's because they have model bodies. I was cursed from the beginning. I had the model with scoliosis the first time — that's why I don't think I won the dog challenge. And this time, my model chose me. I was like, ''Oh no!''

So this model (on the left, with the "minnie mouse" bow) is plus-sized? She's "maybe a size 8 or a 10" and that's plus-size? Oh dear. Admittedly, I never saw her as "zaftig" before, but shows what I know.





But more intriguingly, this is Toni Heath, the model who rocked Alison's doggie-costume outfit. And she's saying this model has scoliosis with shoulders that "are three inches different?"

Honestly? Her shoulders look just fine to me. WHERE'S THE ALLEGED SCOLIOSIS NOW, HUH?


As you know, I adore the beautiful beautiful Alison, but maychance is she doth protesting too much?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww. In Alison's defense, fitting a garment in limited time must be exasperating... more so with a model that's even slightly atypical.

Anonymous said...

Oh, no! Alison went and said the one possible thing that could ever have turned me against her. I have no problem with her blaming her loss on the size-8ness of her model, but, like, EVERYONE has scoliosis (including, um, me). Some models are harder to fit than others. You just have to take what comes to you, Alison, and, you know . . . make it work.

So actually, thank you, Bex, because now I don't have to be sad over Alison's ouster anymore.

bex schwartz said...

hey emily!
I'm still weeping over the loss of my beloved Rainbow Brite (aka Alison), but the scoliosis excuse is wackity wack wack. MAKE IT WORK, indeed. And I just don't see that model as having differently-heighted shoulders ... not one bit.

Jennifer said...

Toni's shoulders are fine! She's my cousin! No scoliosis. Toni is tall, maybe that is the problem. Maybe alison was just too short to fit Toni. Toni hates dogs too, btw. You know...I thought I liked Alison, but I don't now.