Oooh, it's the first ever Blind Item on Planet Bex!
In today's Post article about downtown comedy in NYC, entitled "Inside Jokers," there's a blurb about The Shark Show that reads:
The Shark Show
* What you missed: Breast puppets. "Battle of the Shark Show Stars," ending with a bloody nose and an empty 12-pack. An episode of "Fraggle Rock" directed by playwright Clifford Odets.
* What you will see: "Battle of the Funny Bands" is slated for March. "Iron Comic" comes this June.
* Feels like: Verbally and visually PG-13, but 1980s PG-13, not pansy '90s PG-13.
* Sounds like: An "intellectual" quiz where contestants have to identify if the topic is about John Paul (pope), Jean Paul (Sartre) or Jean-Claude (Van Damme).
* Looks like: Hipsters and hip replacements.
* What you need to know: Saturdays, 8 p.m., Mo Pitkin's, 34 Avenue A. $8.
Question: How does all this pertain to me?
Hint hint: I have performed at The Shark Show many times. I have never received a bloody nose, nor was I ever in an Odets-directed episode of "Fraggle Rock."