Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Drinking the Ringback KoolAid

So, I signed up for the whole ringback thing, and I think I may make it my new hobby. Firstly, i think it's RAD that when someone cals me, they get to hear a song instead of a brrrring-brrrring. Secondly, I think the possibilities are endless. I chose "Life During Wartime" because
a) it's currently life during wartime
b) me heartz me some talking heads
c) have I mentioned: it's life during wartime
d) they didn't have the ghostbusters song
e) nor did they have "day-o" by harry belafonte
f) nor did they have "since u been gone" by kelly clarkson
g) it's really, currently, life during wartime

"Try to be careful, don't take no chances, you better watch what you say"

I can assign a different ringtone for all my friends! So Josh could get "Son of a Preacher Man," because he is! And my parents could hear "Sunrise, Sunset" (if only Fiddler were done up ringback style ... oooh, which makes me think that having a ringback from Cats would be kickrad). And my boo could hear "Chicken Pot Pie," by Weird Al, just because. What fun!

I'd like to think I'm an early adapter, but I know that ain't true. It's just that I might be the only one of my friends rocking the ringback, because none of my friends are tweens and it seems the tweens dig on this sort of shiznit.

So, call me, and enjoy the melodious tones of David Byrne. Jealous?

And now, a word from our sponsor:
Happy Birthday to my boyfriend, John!
(historical moment: the first time I've used his actual name on this blog).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does John know Mathew, Mark, and Luke?

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm, August 24th was John Bush's birthday. Scott Ian has done some of those VH1 shows with you, did he introduce you too?

You Rock Bex!!!

Anonymous said...

Does he also know John, Paul, George, and Ringo?

I'm a pretty big Weird Al fan and I'm pretty sure I've never heard chicken pot pie.... strangeness.