Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The BETTER Battlestar Galactica Promo That You Almost Didn't Get To See

So, if you're anything like me -- and odds are good you're at least something like me, otherwise you wouldn't be reading this blog -- you watched the season.5 premiere of Battlestar Galactica and were completely blown away. And then, when you finally remembered that you needed to breathe because you were holding your breath the whole episode, you were SO EXCITED to see the promo for what was happening next week.

I mean, because, MAN, all the stakes have changes (no spoilers here, no worries) and you were SO CRAZY AMPED to find out what the next episode had in store ... and then, the promo for next week was about one little storyline about which you don't care, because, sure, the love triangle (quadrangle?) is intriguing, but it's nothing about the mythology or the final five or what not.

Well, my friends, have I got a treat for you. The genius writer/producer behind the Battlestar Galactica promos (this person is not me, by the way. I work for VH1, don't you forget. This other writer/producer is working for Sci Fi) cut another spot promoting next week's show. An amazing, intense, I'm-forgetting-to-breathe kind of spot. The ending of which will blow your fucking mind.

By now you are all ants-in-the-pants, demanding to know where you can see the other/better promo, the one that whets your appetite and teases your senses into a state of heightened emotion.

I shall share with you! If you go to the Battlestar Galactica website and look to the bottom right, you will see an image that looks like this:

If you click "play," that will show you the slightly-not-so-awesome promo about the love triangle (quadrangle).

But, if you look above the video, you will notice several thumbnails: the first one is Apollo, and the 2nd one appears to be Gaius Baltar screaming in pain. If you click that 2nd thumbnail, this image will appear:
And all I can say is: play that mofe'ing video RIGHT NOW, friends. And wait til the very end, just wait for it, wait for it, wait for it.

4 comments:

draiocht said...

no way... misdirection?

?!?!?!?!?...!

Matthew said...

I know, that HAS to be a dream or a vision or something... I mean, the flashed that in a promo before the premiere and I had the same thought --

it has GOT to be misdirection...

I mean, is it as huge and tragic if Baltar was used by a FELLOW CYLON to take down the defenses of the 12 colonies in the premiere -- unless of course, that story is just a cover of a cover and he was a spy that infiltrated the colonies and himself sabotaged the defense without 'knowing it' ala Boomer. Maybe he IS a cylon. And if he's not -- WHO IS? "Oh my god... I'm sorry, I didn't realize.." is what D'anna said.. so she must know this as-yet-to-be-revelaed cylon.... I guess it COULD be Balatar.

Wait, is this the scifi.com forums? I'm sorry....

jillian said...

I want to marry Battlestar Galactica. We will have beautiful children. It is the shape of things to come.

Anonymous said...

HIGHLY SPOILERIFIC interview with RDM on BSG....

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/entertainment_tv/2007/01/something_profo.html