Monday, May 16, 2005

Most Awesome Celeb Beefs -- on now!

Don't miss me in "VH1 All Access More Awesome Celeb Beefs" -- it premieres tonight at 9:30pm! Watch as I develop a migraine in the middle of the shoot -- let's see if we can tell when my brain started to melt. What a fun game! It's like spotting the Hidden Mickeys at Disneyworld!

So, my fambly and I saw "Spamalot" yesterday, which was awesome. It's so great -- total off-broadway sensibilities with a Broadway cast. Pierce Brosnan sat across the aisle from us! James Bond is soooo cute.

So I was listening to Joe Henry's awesome album "Scar" this morning on the way to work. The album opens with the track "Richard Pryor Addresses A Tearful Nation." Which got me thinking: I think I'd like to write a song for every celeb who needs to address the nation. Like, f'rinstance: Dave Chappelle Addresses a Confused Nation." Or Joe Henry could write it for me. Joe? Hook a sista up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I think it's interesting that your reaction to Spamalot is that it has total off-Broadway sensibilities. So much of the theatre community is using Spamalot as an example of how Broadway producers prefer pre-packaged material for commercial productions that cater to a non-theatre audience while interesting, adventurous musicals don't get a chance beyond off and off-off Broadway. I'm not saying you're wrong, but it's interesting how your reaction is so different.