Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Hail to the Fucker in Chief

Even better than when Janet Norwood got her dead marine son's dogtags tangled in recent Iraqi-voter Safia Taleb al-Suhail's bright-pink cuffs (BEST. VISUAL. METAPHOR. EVER. except that my head is seriously killing me, and i am in too much pain to deconstruct it right now)was the moment when the Prexy (like a Proxy Prez) said:
Right now, Americans in uniform are serving at posts across the world, often taking great risks, on my orders. We have given them training and equipment, and they have given us an example of idealism and character that makes every American proud. (Applause.) The volunteers of our military are unrelenting in battle, unwavering in loyalty, unmatched in honor and decency, and every day they are making our nation more secure. Some of our servicemen and women have survived terrible injuries, and this grateful nation will do everything we can to help them recover. (Applause.)


Everything except encourage stem-cell research ... so that maybe some of the hundreds of paralyzed, maimed, or pain-ridden soldiers who were injured following out Bushs's orders could possibly hope to return to their pre-war ways of life.

Pardon me, I'm just bitter. Perhaps I ought to find a good faith-based program to teach me that Bush is right because he's on god's side, and then I'll stop being so goddamned angry all the time.

No comments: