Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Right Now, Bex is Having Trouble Catching that Extra Hour of Sleep

So, just the other day, I caught the video for Van Halen's "Right Now" on the ol' VH1 Classic. And I fondly remembered just how much I enjoyed watching that video when it came out in 1991 - right in the heyday of my MTV-watching years. Now, I'm not so much a fan of the Cabo Wabo Van Halen era, preferring Diamond Dave to the guy who can't drive 55. In fact, I'm not so much of a Van Halen fan - I'll sing along to "Jump" on the radio, but really, who doesn't -- which is why it was TOTALLY BIZARRE that every time I saw this video, when they got to the bit that goes "Right Now, Van Halen is planning a world tour," (at about :56 in) I would be hit with a total mega frisson of excitement. Why did I get so stoked that Van Halen was planning a world tour? I have no fracking clue. But IT STILL HAPPENS TO ME, EVEN NOW!


Boobs Radley said...

does this make anybody else pine for Crystal Pepsi?

Anonymous said...

"MTV" needs to change their name. They seldom play "Music".

Free Yourself!

cartoons! said...

whenever i hear this song i think of SNL's parody of crystal pepsi. crystal gravy.
i have never been able to take this song seriously since then.