Sunday, July 25, 2004

A Disclaimer of Sorts ...


Left to Right: Wembley, Red, Gobo, Mokey, Boober (and several Doozers chillin' like Bob Dylan in the foreground).

Greetings, interweb passengers! I was reviewing the lovely comments that some of you have left and golly gee whillikers, you people are sweet.  FOR THE RECORD - i am neither more nor less full of myself right now, i just thought i'd start this blog thing because the momentum seemed there and i decided that now was as good a time as any to start playing the blog game. so when strangers post such nice things, i feel all warm and tingly inside. thank you! But, to my friends -- please do not read this website and call all my other friends and laugh at how hubrisistic i've become. i will defend myself using marketing-speak and branding-jargon.

Anyhoo. When you think about the people with whom you spend the most time, do you categorize them? I find that everyone I know seems to fall into five distinct categories: Gobo, Mokey, Wembley, Boober, and Red.   For example, I think I'm a true Boober with Mokey tendencies, but I've been trying to exemplify Reddish behavior for the past few years.

The Unofficial Fraggle Rock character breakdown describes the Fraggles thusly:
Red - the Enthusiast
Wembley - the Indecisive
Mokey - the Artist.
Gobo - the Leader
Boober - the Worrier

You can click their names for more thorough explanations -- after all, that's what the interweb is for! I think maybe you call that technique there a 'hyperlink' but I could be severely wrong and / or old-fashioned. 

Anyway. I leave it up to you to plot yourself onto this fine set of axes. As an example, I've plotted the various versions of myself along the years. Play at home!   (graph posted in the above post. I'm still figuring out the whole posting issues. and the postage issues! 30 cents or 42?) 

No comments: