Monday, December 11, 2006

Last Night a Laptop Case Saved My Life

(sing to the tune of "Last Night a DJ Saved My Life."
Actually, it wasn't last night, it was last week, but I've busy so let's just go with the song and not over-analyze things -- okay, Melrose? Thanks.

So I was in a cab on my way to the "Manstack" shoot and I was sitting in the back seat on the right side, and all of a sudden a ginormous tank of an SUV blew a light and slammed into the passenger side. I flew across the seat and crashed into the other door, but somehow my laptop case got in between me and the door, and took the brunt of the impact so instead of breaking my ribs, I just banged my knee and hit the laptop bag.

This laptop bag saved my life! Thanks, Brenthaven!

Rest assured, I am fit as a fiddle despite a banged up knee and a few bruises. But I like to pretend that the bruises are zombie bites. And I am embarassed to announce that I shrieked like a little girl. But mostly I am happy to say that I am superawesomely okay and that everyone should perhaps consider making a coat made of laptop bags, as body armor against both SUV tanks and also zombies.

This is a zombie-like photo of me and my beloved security laptop bag:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Great laptop bag. Did the computer survive, too?

Glad you made it out OK. A house fire and getting broadsided by an SUV all in one year? That's a bit much.

Anonymous said...

Damn; that was my question!

SUVs and the people who drive them just plain suck. A couple years back, someone nearly took me out with one on a snow-covered highway in Middle of Nowhere, Ohio.

Think about it: The SUVs are the real Weapons of Mass Destruction™. And they use a lot of oil, which makes Dubya and his buddies filthy stinking richer than they were before...

It's a conspiracy, I tells ya. :-P