Tuesday, December 14, 2004

The Five Percent Nation of ... um ... the Morphine Nation

Because I have very low self-esteem and therefore a substantial weakness for flattery and courtship rituals, I went on over to the Morphine fora which seem to be filled with intelligent people and possibly baby pandas (my favorite things). I haven't quite figured out just what to do there, but everyone's saying nice things about me, so HEY! At first I was scared because this forum seems to be linked to something about Superpatriots, and, as you all know, I am a commie fascist pinko house unAmerican committee type of person who doesn't like our country and all that much and I'm not so of-the-patriotic-variety, but then I realized the whole thing might somehow be ironic --

Like the other night, we were standing outside Pete's Candy Store watching a pickup truck hydroplane down Lorimer Ave and we noticed it had a Bush/Cheney bumper sticker on its rear end. And at first we were confused, wondering what that Red State truck was doing in the tragically hip WB, until someone pointed out that it might be ironic, and then we were all impressed at the lengths that person had gone to in order to assert his ironic worldview --

And then again, it might not. But, hi.


Thus far, I can safely conclude the Morphine Nation is shockin' awesome, yo diggety, no doubt.

No comments: