Sunday, March 23, 2008

Rob Paravonian's Geniusness

I know I've blogged about this before, but my friend Rob Paravonian (eternal friend of Grindhouse A Go Go and we've also done oodles of comedy shows together and I am always SO IMPRESSED WITH his AWESOMENESS) has this incredible bit called "Pachelbel's Rant." The Rant became so popular, and Rob is so awesome, that he is now opening for GEORGE CARLIN, a comic atop whose altar I worship nearly daily. That's the bigtime, baby! And to be in the presence of Carlin's legendary amazingness! Joy. Anyway, I think the Pachelbel's Rant is possibly the greatest execution of an idea that I've ever seen. Watch it again (and do make sure you commit to the very end).

2 comments:

Rebecca Hickman said...

I love George Carlin! BTW, I see that you are a Patti Smith fan, too.

Anonymous said...

Holy crap! This is flawless. My sense of Religious Duty is strangely compelled to worship this guy!