Saturday, March 01, 2008

Best Erotic Comics 2008 Release Party - Wednesday, March 5th

Hi hi. I'm pleased to announce that I no longer have a stomach flu, but now I have a raging sinus infection AND my pinched nerve is acting up! But I'm not moping around - oh, no, no, no. I'm on antibiotics and everything! Which means I'll be all better by this Wednesday, so you should come to this show I'm doing: (blurb ganked from the lovely Rachel Kramer Bussel)

Fundraiser for The Comic Book Legal Defense Fund

BEST EROTIC COMICS 2008 LAUNCH PARTY,

A BENEFIT FOR THE COMIC BOOK LEGAL DEFENSE FUND

March 5, 7:30 pm
Parkside Lounge, 317 E. Houston Street, NYC

21+ please, 2 drink minimum
$10 suggested donation to CBLDF


Best Erotic Comics 2008 (Last Gasp), edited by Greta Christina, is a groundbreaking collection featuring today's top names in the world of comics. At this event, a fundraiser for the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund, New York's funniest comedians will "act out" work by Colleen Coover, Jessica Fink, Ellen Forney, Justin Hall, Rolf Konig, Erica Moen, and Dori Seda. Listen, laugh, squirm, and get turned on as they treat you to a night of sex and comedy you won't soon forget. Hosted by Rachel Kramer Bussel of In The Flesh Reading Series and featuring comedians Dan Allen, Sara Benincasa, Jon Friedman, Margot Leitman, Matt McCarthy, Giulia Rozzi and Bex Schwartz.


(note: I am pleased as punch to be included with this gang of people who are truly "New York's Funniest Comedians." I'm not so certain I merit inclusion amongst their ranks, but I'm excited to be the interloper nonetheless).


also: just think, if you plan this right and rock your DVR just in case, you can see the show and then race home for the ProjRun finale.