Wednesday, November 21, 2007

On Dr. Jan Adams' Appearance on Larry King -- or Lack Thereof

... I'm heading for the far away, but I just wanted to say:

tonight, when the panelists on Larry King were commenting on Dr. Jan Adams' statement and walk-off just minutes before (and the b-roll was of the walk-off itself), it officially became the moment when Larry King Live ate itself and turned into "I Love 5 Minutes Ago."

The news commentary was about news that happened JUST FIVE MINUTES AGO. An insta-news cycle about a not-really-news story. I guess nothing else is going on in the world? The war? Nuclear things, huh? Genocide?

Oh, I guess not.

4 comments:

Nellie said...

Oh, Bex...how I enjoy reading your blog. You're too funny!!

Nellie said...

p.s. I have officially blogrolled you!

Anonymous said...

Smile! You're on Candid Camera.

Bakin Rapscallion said...

Larry King Live has become the "follow-the-bouncing-ball" interview show for knuckle-draggers everywhere. I attempted to watch Larry's interview with Gordon Ramsay a few months ago...the supers displayed at the bottom of the screen were virtually giving a play by play of the interview. At one point Ramsay was talkin' about his drug-addicted brother. The super underneath him read: "Ramsay is talking about his drug-addicted brother." How do turn off the close-captioning. Next we'll see Larry charging the lithium batteries he runs on--live on the show. Maybe "Larry King Live" should have a question mark after it?

I hope far away was close by.
Keep tickling us with your feathery thoughts. Fond Favorings.